Bivio Networks Unveils Multi-Application Support For High-Speed Network Appliance Platform
Extends Leading Network Application Appliance Platform to Enable Security ISVs and Network Appliance Providers to Offer High-Performance Universal Threat Management (UTM) and Other Multi-function Appliances
RSA Conference – San Jose, February 13, 2006 – Bivio Networks, the leader in high-speed network appliance platforms for the Software-driven Network™, today announced features that extend its award-winning platform to support high-performance concurrent execution of multiple network applications. With this expansion, Bivio enables its customers to provide best-of-breed multi-function appliances, such as Unified Threat Management (UTM) products, at a fraction of a cost and time to market when compared to custom-built solutions.
Bivio’s award-winning product line combines a unique hardware appliance architecture with a standard Linux-execution environment that is enhanced by a comprehensive set of innovative software features. The result is vastly increased performance and reduced time-to-market of complex deep-packet inspection network applications such as IDS/IPS, Firewall/VPN, Anti-Virus, Traffic Management, and VoIP analysis and monitoring. Bivio’s appliance platform provides the wire-speed performance normally associated with ASIC-driven network hardware and includes the flexibility and lower development costs inherent in a software development environment. This approach allows application developers to focus on their core competency rather than hardware development.
“We have seen a growing demand for network appliances that provide dynamic support for multiple applications at the same time, particularly in the network security market, to reduce complexity and avoid server and appliance proliferation,” said Harbrinder S. Kang, Vice President of Business Development for Bivio Networks. “To meet this need, we have enhanced our software and hardware platform to deliver multi-gigabit performance for concurrent deep-packet inspection applications. A particular beneficiary of these new features is the security market where this capability will allow our partners and customers to rapidly offer high-performance Unified Threat Management solutions.”
Bivio’s multi-application support features include:
- Configurable Inspection Groups™ (CIG): enabling policy-based segmenting and allocation of computing resources to different applications within the Bivio platform
- Lightweight Application State Sharing™ (LASS): enabling dynamic application state sharing and synchronization between applications running to different application processing units
- Modular application-specific technology: for the acceleration of specific applications such as anti-virus, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-spam, and others
These features augment Bivio’s existing unique and award-winning scaling technology and integrated management system and together further extend Bivio’s leadership in the rapidly growing market for high-speed deep-packet inspection equipment.
Bivio is working with a wide range of customers who are developing market-leading innovative products on the Bivio platform. In particular, the new multi-application features target several customer segments:
- Software Vendors looking to either develop or extend existing product lines with multi-function products such as Unified Threat Management product
- Large Networking Infrastructure Providers looking to provide innovative products co-locating multiple -- internal and/or third-party -- applications
- Service Providers and Carriers looking to develop multi-application products both for internal and external use, including consolidation of multiple functions in a single chassis custom applications
- System Integrators and Contractors looking to develop custom products, in particular network security and monitoring, for federal and military applications
“Bivio’s introduction of multi-application support features continues its strong record of innovation in providing high-performance computing solutions for next-generation network applications,” said John Bromhead, Tarari Vice President, Marketing. “Bivio’s unique combination of hardware performance and software flexibility provides partners with the ability to rapidly introduce new network appliances that support a wide range of security and policy capabilities. Tarari’s partnership with Bivio is driving improved hardware performance, while opening new opportunities for both companies in the next-generation network marketplace.”
Further information about Bivio’s products and the new multi-application features is available at www.bivio.net. Bivio Networks will be exhibiting its technology at booth #2027 at the RSA Conference in San Jose, California.
About Bivio Networks
Bivio Networks has developed an award-winning, deep-packet inspection and processing platform that combines unparalleled scaling of network performance, processing power, and application agility. Bivio's product is a network appliance featuring a groundbreaking architecture specifically optimized for wire-speed execution of emerging network services that increasingly demand deep packet processing combined with high network throughput. Based on open industry standards, Bivio Networks fuses unmatched flexibility with uncompromising performance to enable its customers to overcome existing bottlenecks and deliver the foundation of the next generation network infrastructure. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Bivio Networks is backed by Goldman Sachs, InterWest Partners, Storm Ventures and Venrock Associates. More information is available at http://www.bivio.net/.